The federal government reached a compromise on the wage agreement 2023-2024 last Monday.
The measures announced include among other things:
- the setting of the wage standard at 0% for 2023-2024 (outside indexation);
- the possibility for certain companies to grant a one-off premium, known as the ‘purchasing power premium’, to workers in 2023;
- an increase in the minimum wage through the work bonus.
As for the ‘purchasing power premium’, it is provided:
- that its amount does not exceed € 500 or € 750 per worker, depending on whether the company achieved good results or made exceptionally high profits in 2022;
- that its implementation is subject to an agreement at sector level or, failing that, at company level;
- that it is tax-exempt for the worker but deductible (100%) for the employer;
- that it is subject to a special employer’s contribution of 16.5%.
Important note! These measures still have to be transposed into legal or regulatory texts.
We will keep you updated as soon as we have more details.
Sources :premier.be; press.