The Walloon Region allows you to apply for a subsidy if you buy bicycles for your workers' business trips.
The conditions you must respect
- Be incorporated as a company (legal person)
- Have a business office located in the Walloon Region involving business trips
- Establish internal rules for the use of these service bikes
Type of bikes
The bikes you buy can be electric bikes or not, new or second-hand.
The date of acquisition of the bicycle must be between 1 July 2020 and 31 December 2022.
Type of trips
The bicycles must be used by your employees for their business trips.
Exceptions may be allowed such as commuting to and from work for employees who do not benefit from a subsidy for their personal bikes.
The amount of the subsidy
The subsidy amounts to 20% of the amount of the invoice (VAT included), with a maximum amount of:
- €50 for the purchase of a second-hand muscle bicycle
- €100 for the purchase of a second-hand electric bicycle
- €150 for the purchase of a new muscle bicycle
- €200 for the purchase of a new electric bicycle
- €400 per cargo bike (bi or tricycle)
You can apply for up to 5 subsidies.
Subsidy application procedure
The subsidy application must be submitted online via the platform monespace.wallonie.be.
You will also have to register the subsidized bike on the "My Bike" platform and affix the corresponding "My Bike" sticker to its frame.
Note: on 26 November 2020 the Walloon Government announced the granting of a premium for workers who buy a bicycle or an adaptable electric kit in order to make at least 40% of their home-to-work trips by means of this bicycle.
Entry into force
This measure came into force on 2 November 2020.
Source: Decree of the Walloon Government of 1 October 2020 laying down the terms and conditions for granting a subsidy to employers for the purchase of a service bicycle, Belgian Official Gazette 23.10.2020