From 1 September 2020, a company that does not meet the conditions to invoke temporary unemployment 'force majeure corona' will have the possibility to invoke temporary unemployment due to lack of work for economic reasons.
This can be:
- either the (classic) general system of economic unemployment (manual and/or non-manual workers);
- or the (relaxed) transitional system of economic unemployment (manual and/or non-manual workers) which, we repeat, will cease to exist on 31 December 2020.
If you wish to make use of the transitional measure for your non-manual workers, you must submit a form C106A-CORONA TRANSITIONAL MEASURE to the ONEm/RVA.
Consult the infoflash of 9 July 2020 for the conditions set under the transitional system and the obligations you must fulfil as an employer.
With the C106A-CORONA-TRANSITIONAL MEASURE form, you can demonstrate to the ONEm/RVA that you meet the conditions for the transitional system:
- be bound by a collective labour agreement or an enterprise plan;
- prove a substantial reduction of at least 10% in turnover or production;
- offer two days of training per month to the non-manual workers who are made temporarily unemployed.
How and within what time frame?
You must return the C106A-CORONA TRANSITIONAL MEASURE form, completed, dated and signed to the Temporary Unemployment Department of the competent unemployment office (depending on your company’s registered office ):
- by registered letter;
- at the latest 14 days before the first notification 'suspension non-manual workers due to lack of work' to the unemployment office; we repeat that this is the prior notification sent electronically to the ONEm/RVA at least 8 days before the first day of economic unemployment of non-manual workers.
Example (when working in the company from Monday to Friday) - If you want to make your employees economically unemployed under the transitional system from 1 September 2020, you must send the following:
- the prior communication no later than 24 August 2020;
- the form C106A-CORONA TRANSITIONAL MEASURE no later than 10 August 2020.
Please note! At the same time as this registered letter, you can also send the C106A-CORONA-TRANSITIONAL MEASURE form by e-mail to the competent unemployment office so that your file can be processed more quickly.
In principle, the ONEm/RVA will reply within two weeks after sending the C106A-CORONA-TRANSITIONAL MEASURE form.
Otherwise, the usual procedure should be followed when temporary unemployment for non-manual workers is invoked.
For more information, please consult the Info sheet employers - Temporary unemployment - COVID-19 transitional measures (E2).