On 10 December 2021, the government approved several economic support measures.
The measures, which will be in force throughout the first quarter of 2022, mainly concern:
- temporary unemployment due to force majeure for all sectors;
- temporary unemployment due to the quarantine of a child;
- the possibility of deferment of payment of withholding tax, etc., without interest on arrears;
- the possibility of individual deferment of payment of social security contributions to the NSSO;
- the extension of leave of absence for vaccination.
On top of these measures, the inner cabinet has also approved a reduction in NSSO contributions in the fourth quarter of 2021 for the entire events sector, which is directly affected by the closures resulting from the circulation of the virus. This reduction concerns events, culture, discotheques, dance bars and indoor playgrounds.
The government will support the hospitality sector in the payment of end-of-year bonuses.
Important note! These measures still have to be transposed into legal or regulatory texts. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more details.