The Federal Government has decided to extend the flexible system for temporary unemployment due to corona until 31 March 2022.
The flexible "corona unemployment” system, which we have known since March 2020, will continue until 31 March 2022. It will be accessible to all employers in all sectors.
For the employer this means:
- any form of temporary unemployment due to the corona crisis is unemployment due to force majeure
- no prior notification to the ONEm/RVA
- no application for benefits (Social Risk Declaration unemployment scenario 2)
- no delivery of verification cards C.3.2A
- only a monthly declaration of the days of temporary unemployment (Social Risk Declaration unemployment scenario 5) with code 'nature of the day' 5.4 and reason 'force majeure Coronavirus’
For the employee this means:
- single application for benefits via the C.3.2 - WORKER-CORONA
In the case of unemployment due to a cancelled event, the form C.3.2 - WORKER-CORONA-EVENTS must be used
- exemption from keeping a control card C.3.2A
- unemployment benefit of 70% of the capped wage (EUR 2,840.84/month)
- supplement from the ONEm/RVA of EUR 5.74/day
- no admissibility condition, i.e. no occupational history to be demonstrated