The federal government is once again extending the flexible system for temporary unemployment due to corona, this time until 30 June 2021.
The flexible "corona unemployment” system, which we have known since March 2020, will continue until 30 June 2021. It will be accessible to all employers in all sectors.
For the employer this means:
- any form of temporary unemployment due to the corona crisis is unemployment due to force majeure
- no prior notification to the ONEm/RVA
- no application for benefits (Social Risk Declaration unemployment scenario 2)
- no delivery of verification cards C.3.2A
- only a monthly declaration of the days of temporary unemployment (Social Risk Declaration unemployment scenario 5) with code 'nature of the day' 5.4 and reason 'force majeure Coronavirus’
For the employee this means:
- single application for benefits via the C.3.2 - WORKER-CORONA
In the case of unemployment due to a cancelled event, the form C.3.2 - WORKER-CORONA-EVENTS must be used
- exemption from keeping a control card C.3.2A
- unemployment benefit of 70% of the capped wage (EUR 2,754.76/month)
- supplement from the ONEm/RVA of EUR 5.63/day
- reduced withholding tax of 15% on the benefits
- no admissibility condition, i.e. no occupational history to be demonstrated
- Press release decision inner cabinet of 12.02.2020
- Notification on the website of the ONEm/RVA.
Regulatory text in preparation.