Autocar companies can get an allowance from the Walloon Region.
This allowance can be applied for online at www.indemnitecovid.wallonie.be from 8 june 2021.
Do you qualify for the allowance?
You must meet the following conditions:
- Have an establishment unit in the Walloon Region before 1 January 2021;
- Be a very small, small or medium-sized enterprise or a natural person carrying out a professional activity as a main activity and who, taking into account his professional income, pays social security contributions;
- Demonstrate a loss of turnover of at least 50% in the last 3 quarters of 2021 compared to the last 3 quarters of 2019;
- Prove that your vehicle(s) is immobilised. A vehicle is considered immobilised if its normal use is significantly impeded by the measures taken by the different authorities with regard to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Have not been in difficulty on 31 December 2019;
- Have not received, including this allowance, more than € 1,800,000 under the temporary framework;
- Carry out an activity falling under one of the following NACE codes:
Description of the activity
Urban and suburban passenger land transport
Other passenger land transport
What is the amount of the allowance?
The amount of the allowance shall be equal to 5 % of the purchase value, excluding VAT, of each vehicle held under a hire-purchase contract or a hire or leasing contract.
The allowance is limited to € 500,000 per company.
This allowance is granted only once per company registered in the CBE.
How to apply?
You must apply for this allowance at www.indemnitecovid.wallonie.be ('indemnité 15').
The form is available from 8 june until 7 july.
Source: Order of the Walloon Government of 22 April 2021 on the granting of a specific allowance for the passenger transport sector, Belgian Official Gazette of 30.04.2021