In our infoflash of 01/04/2020, we informed you about the Walloon Region’s one-off, flat-rate compensation of € 5,000 to support companies affected by the COVID-19 crisis. The request to benefit from this compensation had to be submitted before 12 or 31 May, depending on the activity.
The Walloon government also introduced a one-off, flat-rate compensation of € 2,500 for each small or micro-enterprise and for self-employed persons who were not obliged to close, but who had to substantially interrupt their activity in March and April 2020 and who were entitled to the full bridging right for March and April.
Under what conditions can you benefit from this compensation of € 2,500 ?
- Be a self-employed person or a small or micro-enterprise. In the SME category, a small enterprise is defined as an enterprise with fewer than 50 employees and an annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding € 10 million. A micro-enterprise is defined as an enterprise with fewer than 10 employees and an annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding € 2 million.
- Carry out the activity in Wallonia.
- Have applied for bridging right before 5 May 2020 and have benefited from the full bridging right in March and April 2020 (for self-employed persons and companies whose manager/managing director is a self-employed person). A bank account statement proving receipt of the amount is sufficient.
- Have had a majority of employees that have been temporarily unemployed due to force majeure in March and April 2020, within the context of the measures against the coronavirus COVID-19 (for companies where the manager is not a self-employed person). This will be calculated by comparing the employees' days of unemployment from 16 March to 30 April with their regular working hours.
- Have not benefited from the COVID-19 compensation of € 5,000 from the Walloon Region or the compensation from another Region within the context of the coronacrisis.
When can the compensation be applied for ?
The application for aid from the Walloon Region must be submitted from 1 up to and including 30 June 2020, via the platform https://indemnitecovid.wallonie.be
The compensation will be granted maximum once per company number.
If the manager/managing director of the company is also self-employed, the compensation will be granted only once.
For companies with more than one manager, the compensation will be granted only once per company.
Source : website https://indemnitecovid.wallonie.be