As announced at the last Consultation Committees, teleworking is strongly recommended from 27 June 2021 up to (and including) 30 September 2021.
A Ministerial Decree of 23 June 2021 specifies that this will be the case:
- in all enterprises, associations and services, whatever their size
- and for any member of staff whose position lends itself to it.
As a result of this relaxation, the following will no longer apply from 27 June 2021:
- the obligation, for the employer, to provide persons working in his establishment unit(s), regardless of the nature of their employment relationship, who cannot telework from home with a certificate or any other proof confirming the necessity of their presence at the workplace;
- the obligation, for the employer, to organise return to work moments;
- (as a reminder) the obligation to submit the monthly teleworking declaration;
- the prohibition on team building activities requiring physical presence.
On the other hand, the following obligations remain applicable:
- teleworking must be carried out in accordance with existing collective labour agreements and conventions;
- the appropriate precautionary measures should be taken to ensure compliance with the rules of social distancing and a maximum level of protection.
Source: Ministerial Decree of 23 June 2021 amending the Ministerial Decree of 28 October 2020 on urgent measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, Belgian Official Gazette of 24 June 2021.