In our Infoflash of 17 March 2020, we informed you about the decision of the Flemish government to grant a nuisance premium to all companies that are forced to close because of the measures to combat coronavirus spread. As a result of the stricter measures taken by the National Security Council on 17 March 2020, the Flemish government has now made some adjustments. Below is an overview of the most important new features.
Entrepreneurs and self-employed persons who are active in the Flemish Region and who are forced to close their business because of the coronavirus measures.
If you pursue a self-employed activity in a secondary occupation, you are only entitled to the nuisance premium if you are liable to pay social security contributions similar to those of a self-employed person in a main occupation.
The amount of the nuisance premium depends on whether the company has to close down completely or only at weekends:
- Complete closure: one-off premium of € 4,000;
- Restaurants offering take-away meals retain the right to the nuisance premium of € 4,000.
- Itinerant traders and market vendors also receive this amount when the public market or fair at which they are normally present is compulsorily closed.
- Weekend closure: € 2,000.
If the measures are extended after 6 April, an additional closure premium of € 160/closing day will be granted. This extension is valid until 13 June 2020 at the latest. You do not have to re-apply for this additional premium.
The above-mentioned amounts are increased for companies with one or more additional places of business where at least one full-time employee registered with the NSSO is employed. The increase can be requested for a maximum of 4 additional establishments.
How to apply?
Since 27 March, you can apply for the nuisance premium on the VLAIO website. You have 30 days from the compulsory closure of your company to do so.
The flat-rate subsidy, the additional closure premium and the increase are granted per company and can be granted for a maximum of one company number at the same location.
For more information about this premium, please visit the website of Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship. (VLAIO).
News - hot off the press
The Flemish government has just announced that there will be a one-off premium of € 3,000 for companies that remain open, but suffer a loss of turnover of at least 60%. We will inform you as soon as possible in a separate Infoflash.
- Website VLAIO: www.vlaio.be;
- Decree of the Flemish Government granting support to companies that are forced to close down due to the measures of the National Security Council of 12 March 2020 in relation to the coronavirus, in force from 14 March 2020 to 13 June 2020.