The Brussels government grants a one-off premium of 2000 EUR to micro-enterprises faced with a decline in their activity as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. Do you meet the requirements to be entitled to this premium?
Who can apply for the premium?
The enterprise must:
- be a self-employed natural person who benefits from the full bridging right for March or April 2020, which was granted to him prior to 03.06.2020;
- or be a company of which the manager benefits from the full bridging right for March or April 2020, which was granted to him prior to 03.06.2020;
- or be a company of which the manager is not a self-employed person, provided that the majority of the employees are temporarily unemployed under COVID-19 in March or April 2020;
- or be an association if the majority of the employees are temporarily unemployed under COVID-19 in March or April 2020.
Moreover, you must meet the following requirements:
- On 18 March 2020, have an establishment unit registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises on the territory of the Brussels-Capital Region, carry out an economic activity in that unit and dispose of human resources and goods specifically intended for it;
- Be a micro-enterprise, i.e. employing a maximum of 5 employees in FTEs on the basis of the latest social balance sheet published by the NBB, or, for those enterprises not yet subject to the obligation to publish accounts and balance sheets, on the basis of Dimona or DmfA copies;
- Not be a public enterprise, or an enterprise which carries out assignments of general interest or an undertaking the social objective of which is not economic in nature, or an enterprise the financing of which exceeds 50% from public origin;
- Not be active in primary production of agricultural products or in the fisheries or aquaculture sector;
- Have not already received another premium applied for in the context of the Covid-19 crisis from a Region, a Community or a public body dependent on it.
- Have complied with the European rules for granting de minimis aid.
What is the amount of the premium?
The premium amounts to 2000 EUR.
It is a one-off premium and you can only apply for it once.
How to apply for the premium?
You must complete the on-line form on the website of Brussels Economy and Employment before 29 May 2020. This form will be put on-line on 8 June 2020 (date of entry into force of this measure).
This website informs you about the documents you need to attach to the application form.
Your application can be submitted on 8 June at the earliest. It must be received by Brussels Economy and Employment by 30 June 2020 at the latest.
Source: Special Powers Decree No 2020/030 of the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region concerning aid to businesses undergoing a decline in their activity as a result of the health crisis COVID-19, Belgian Official Gazette of 03.06.2020