A Royal Decree of 21 July 2021 extends the list of establishments where consumption vouchers can be spent and extends their period of validity.
In concrete terms, since 1 August 2021, (paper or electronic) consumption vouchers can be used:
- in establishments in the hotel and catering sector (‘horeca’);
- in retail businesses which, in the physical presence of the consumer in the establishment unit, offer goods to the consumer, including repair services when the goods to be repaired are physically brought into the establishment unit and removed from it by the consumer;
- in wellness centres, including saunas, sunbeds, jacuzzis, steam rooms and hammams;
- in activities that are appointed under the Joint Committee for Tourist Attractions (JC 333), in cinemas and in establishments in the cultural sector (recognised, approved or subsidised by the competent authority);
- iin bowling alleys, swimming pools and fitness centres and in sports associations (for which there is a federation, recognised or subsidised by the Communities or belonging to one of the national federations);
- in beauty salons, non-medical pedicure institutes, manicure salons, massage salons, hairdressers and barbers, tattoo and piercing studios;
- in driving schools.
The validity of the (paper or electronic) consumption vouchers has been extended to 31 December 2022 inclusive.
Source: Royal Decree of 21 July 2021 amending Article 19quinquies of the Royal Decree of 28 November 1969 in execution of the Law of 27 June 1969 revising the Decree-Law of 28 December 1944 concerning the social security of workers, Belgian Official Gazettte of 29 July 2021.