JC 113 (ceramics industry) has concluded a draft sector agreement for the period 2019-2020. This agreement of 29 May 2019 respects the maximum negotiating envelope of 1.1% in 2019-2020 in accordance with the RD of 24 April 2019 implementing article 7 § 1 of the Act of 26 July 1996 on the promotion of employment and the preventive safeguarding of competitiveness.
Below, we give you a brief overview of the most important subjects mentioned in this sector agreement. A detailed analysis will be included in our sectoral information.
Applying the wage margin
- Increase of the scale wages and real wages on 01/01/2019 by 1.1% of the wage bill with a minimum of € 0.19/hour (or an equivalent benefit set out in a company collective labour agreement);
- All shift bonuses expressed in fixed amounts: 1.1% increase on 01/01/2019;
- Subsistence security: temporary unemployment benefit + € 0.75 from 1/1/2019 (€ 3.50 in total).
- Increase of the bicycle allowance up to € 0.24/km from 01/01/2019;
- Reimbursement of up to 90% of travelling costs by public transport and up to 80% in the case of private transport from the first kilometre from 01/01/2019 (SNCB rail card rate).
Scheme of unemployment with corporate allowance (SWT/RCC)
- SWT/RCC strenuous professions with 33 years of occupational history (= 20 years of night work/strenuous professions);
- SWT/RCC long career (40 years).
Seniority leave day
Every year from 01/01/2019, the employer grants one day of seniority leave after 25 years of service unless the company already grants two days of seniority leave. If this 2nd day of seniority leave is already granted after 25 years of service, it will be granted early in the 25th year of service.
Duration of the agreement
From 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2020. For the SWT/RCC collective labour agreements until 3 June 2021.
The sectoral agreement will only become final upon publication on the website of the FPS Employment Labour and Social Dialogue. We will be sure to keep you informed.